Should I Repair or Replace My Air Conditioner?
Sometimes homeowners are unsure if they should repair their current AC system or replace it. The right answer will depend on several factors, including the age and condition of your existing system.
Our air conditioning replacement experts in Northern Virginia can evaluate your specific circumstances and help you make the best decision. Our home comfort advisors know what to look for when determining the health and longevity of your current system. After assessing the costs required to keep your existing system running acceptably, we will review the potential savings you could enjoy by installing a newer, more energy-efficient air conditioner. With that said, we will always be transparent when discussing your options and will never push a replacement you do not need.
Our technicians will assess the following factors when determining whether your AC system needs to be replaced:
- Age. Most air conditioners have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years depending on the model, how often they are used, and the quality and frequency of the maintenance they receive. Once an AC system exceeds its lifespan, even with regular upkeep and repairs, it may be more cost-effective to invest in a new unit. It will eventually become more expensive to continue investing in increasing repairs and maintenance for an aging unit versus installing a new one.
- Frequency of malfunctions and breakdowns. Over time, the components in an older unit will start to wear down and become less efficient, increasing the chance of breakdowns and malfunctions. With regular use, these breakdowns can become more frequent, leading to increased costs for repairs.
- Efficiency rating. The energy efficiency of an older unit will start to decline as it ages, leading to decreased performance and higher energy bills.
- Size and capacity. Your current air conditioner may not be the right size for your living space. An air conditioner that is too small will overwork itself and even then may not be able to supply sufficient cool air, while an air conditioner that is too big will cycle too constantly. When replacing your AC system, we can help you choose the appropriate size.
- Energy savings. Newer air conditioners utilize more advanced technology and are designed to be much more efficient than older models. This means that they use less electricity to cool the same area, resulting in lower energy bills each month.
- Comfort levels. Be honest with yourself: Is your AC system doing its job? Does it quickly cool your living spaces, or are you constantly frustrated that your home feels warmer than it should? If your AC system is not keeping you comfortable, you should look into a replacement.
What to Expect During AC Replacement
A new air conditioner is a big investment, but one that will provide greater comfort and energy efficiency as well as an increase in your home’s value! Protect that investment by making the right choice and working with the reputable HVAC technicians at M.E. Flow.
After deciding that your AC system needs to be replaced, you will need to select the right type of air conditioner for your home. There are various types available, from single-room solutions to ductless mini-split systems up to central cooling systems that use vents throughout the property. The best choice ultimately depends upon your budget and needs. Our experts will help ensure that you get an appropriately sized unit that is capable of providing enough cooling power for each room without wasting energy due to overcapacity (or vice versa).
Next comes installation and commissioning. We will remove any existing connections while verifying that all wiring is properly configured before hooking up the new system’s main components, including ducts and evaporator coils. Once the old unit has been removed and the new system is in place, we will conduct thorough tests to confirm everything is running correctly. We will also review the maintenance needs of your new system so that you can stay on top of regular upkeep and avoid breakdowns.
When you choose our family-owned business, you can expect the following during your air conditioning replacement in Northern Virginia:
- Custom system design. Our home comfort advisors will work closely with you to design a perfect air conditioning system. We take the extra time to listen to your needs, and we measure and perform calculations to ensure your new air conditioner is properly sized for your home. This is key to maintaining optimal cooling performance.
- Reliable equipment. We only install reliable, high-quality brands of HVAC equipment, including Rheem, Carrier, and Lennox, among others. Our team will help you avoid substandard equipment that is prone to failure or will not meet your cooling needs.
- Quality installation. Our NATE-certified AC replacement technicians will install your system correctly and efficiently. An improperly installed air conditioner could lead to serious problems with performance and longevity.
Want peace of mind? Just go with “the flow!” Remember, we guarantee your satisfaction with your AC replacement service, so call (571) 350-3183 or contact us online today!
Contact M.E. Flow TodayServicing All Brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (571) 350-3183or complete the form below.