It’s that time of year again – winter is quickly approaching! As the days are getting colder, the air is getting drier. Having a balanced level of humidity in your home will help to keep you and your family comfortable all winter long. Having too much moisture can cause mold or mildew to grow in wet areas, and not enough moisture can cause health issues and damage to your home. In order to have a balanced level of humidity in your home we recommend installing a whole house humidifier.
You might be familiar with small, portable humidifiers that are set up in individual rooms. The downside of these units is you don’t have much control over how much humidity is being released into the air. The benefit of a whole house humidifier is that it’s installed directly into your HVAC system. The level of humidity is then controlled by your thermostat, so an even level of moisture can be released into your home all year long.
Below are some benefits of whole home humidifiers:
- You’ll be less likely to catch an illness. Whole home humidifiers will prevent respiratory problems by keeping humidity levels in your home balanced. This will decrease your chances of catching a cold or the flu because many viruses that cause colds thrive in low humidity. It will also help relieve dry, scratchy throats and itchy skin.
- It makes your home more comfortable all year round. Dry air doesn’t only affect you it can also affect your wood floors, plaster, furniture, and artwork! Having a whole home humidifier protects you and your home from the adverse effects of dry air in the long term.
- There is no need for refills. Since whole home humidifiers are linked directly to your HVAC system, there is no need to refill the water as it is being used.
- It can save you energy and money. A home with higher humidity levels will feel warmer, allowing you to keep your thermostat at a lower temperature.
- Whole house humidifiers are quiet and invisible. Unlike portable humidifiers, these systems are hidden away so that you don’t even know it’s there. They are also extremely quiet.
If you’ve been looking for a way to improve your family’s comfort in your home, a whole house humidifier could be the perfect solution. Contact M.E. Flow today for more information! We can be reached at (571) 350-3183.