If you live in the older historic areas of Winchester and Alexandria, Virginia, there is the great chance that your heating system is aging and has lost its ability to be efficient. If you think your heating system is not performing like it should, or you desire lower heating bills, you can benefit by replacing your old heating system. There are telltale signs that indicate it’s time to contact an HVAC contractor in the Winchester or Alexandria area to discuss replacing your current heating system. According to the Energy Star website, it’s time to consider replacing your heating and cooling equipment if:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold
- Your home has humidity problems
- Your home has excessive dust
- Noisy heating or cooling system
Now that you’re thinking about replacing your old heating system in your Winchester or Alexandria home, here are three additional points to consider when you contact a heating contractor:
- Establish what type of heating system is best for your home. Technology has changed. Equipment has changed. HVAC has changed, too. You may currently have an electric heater, but it could be in your best interest to use natural gas. Consider the cost of the type of energy your system will use and how those prices fluctuate. For example, electricity rates are pretty standard with little fluctuation, whereas fossil fuels can vary depending on the season.
- Determine what other systems have to offer. There are plenty of heating and cooling systems available. You may already be using an American Standard, Rheem, Mitsubishi, Carrier, Trane or any other brand. All of these brands have different features, benefits, and pros and cons. Research and talk to your heating contractor to figure out what will work best for your home. HGTV advises consumers to invest in the best…by buying the highest efficiency rating possible now, you hedge your bets against the high energy prices that will come later.
- Make sure it is installed correctly. According to the Energy Star website, your new energy efficient heating system must be properly installed in order to operate at peak performance. Having a system improperly installed can reduce the system efficiency by up to 30 percent—costing you more on your utility bills. It’s best to choose an HVAC contractor in Northern Virginia that employs NATE certified technicians. And, be sure to ask the contractor for references.
M.E. Flow employees NATE Certified technicians and our customers love us. If you’re looking to replace your heating system, contact us for a free quote. We will analyze your current system and your needs to provide you with a no obligation estimate for your replacement system. Don’t wait until your heater breaks — call M.E. Flow today!