Are you still using a portable window air conditioner? Then it’s time to learn about the advantages of a mini-split cooling system.
With the arrival of summer, many of you will be digging your portable window air conditioning units out of storage and setting them up in your windows. Although the portable units will cool your rooms and are affordable— there are some disadvantages to this portable cooling solution, such as:
- Noisy — if you’re a light sleeper or need a quiet space this can be a problem
- Block your outside view— this is our best time of year…don’t you want to see it?
- Detract from exterior appearance— in certain developments window ac units are prohibited because of aesthetics
- Labor intensive— every year they need to be reinstalled, removed, and then stored again
- Security–can easily be pushed in by an intruder.
When we talk with our customers about other cooling options for dealing with hot rooms, many are intrigued when they learn about ductless cooling technology, as many people think that the only solution other than a window AC unit is to upgrade their current central system.
What our clients like best about this technology is that it’s minimally invasive. A ductless system is a cost-effective, permanent solution for heating and cooling– without having to add expensive ductwork or increase the capacity of your current system. This technology started as a niche in the U.S. market but is increasing in popularity as a mainstream heating and cooling solution. Here are a few benefits and perks you’ll want to know about ductless mini-split systems:
- Whisper quiet– the indoor unit and the outdoor compressor can barley be heard
- Windows remain clear—you can enjoy the outdoor views of summer as these units can be located high on the wall and out of view
- Installation— is minimally invasive and requires no ductwork which allows them to be installed in virtually any space.
- Individual control
- Can heat rooms, too
- Energy efficient
- Historical homes—Ductless has proven to be a perfect solution for indoor comfort and the challenges that owners of historical homes face with compliance issues related to aesthetics and zoning regulations.
While the cost of a portable window unit is low, if you’re looking for a permanent, quality solution that can last up to 20 years, a ductless mini-split is the perfect choice for total all-year-round comfort. Have questions about cost or financing options? Call today and request a no-obligation, in-home consultation.