The team of experienced professionals at M.E. Flow has been providing top quality heat pump services to homeowners throughout the Northern Virginia area since 1951. Our technicians are NATE certified and qualified to work on all makes and models of equipment. We can help you through each step of the installation process and ensure that you choose the right heat pump for your home and budget.
The Science Behind Your Heat Pump
Heat pump technology has been around since the mid-1800s, although recent environmental awareness and concerns over energy conservation are responsible for their recent surge in popularity. While they are most suitable for milder climates, a heat pump can be as much of an asset in cold weather climates when used as a supplementary source of heat. A heat pump works by transferring heat from one location to another rather than generating it, making it equally as effective at cooling as it is at heating your home.
Benefits of a Heat Pump Installation
In addition to the year-round capabilities for indoor comfort, a heat pump has a number of other benefits, including:
- Energy efficiency. Since your heat pump doesn’t need to burn fuel to generate cold or warm air, it is one of the most energy-efficient ways to control the environment inside your home.
- Longevity. The average lifespan of a heating pump is 15 years, although it may last even longer with a high-quality installation and routine maintenance.
- Environmentally friendliness. Heat pumps move air between the indoors and outdoors rather than burning fossil fuels to heat or cool it. Further benefits are had with upgraded models, which use environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant.
- Cost savings. Enjoy a year-round reduction in heating and cooling costs as a heat pump costs less to operate than a traditional HVAC system.
- Ease of use. You can easily change from heating to cooling mode with the press of a button, and many models have an integrated programmable timer which allows you to control the temperature according to your family’s schedule for less waste and increased comfort.
- Safety. Because there is no combustion during operation, your new appliance is safe to operate with no risk to the health or safety of your family.
If you’re tired of searching for “heat pump replacement near me,” contact us today to schedule an appointment or and let us know how we can help.