Choose M.E. Flow for Water Heater Installation Services in Alexandria, Leesburg & Winchester
If you’re like most Northern Virginia homeowners, you tend to take your water heater for granted—until it stops working.
With an average lifespan between 10 and 15 years, the day will come when your water heater can no longer keep up with demand, or stops working altogether. When you need a water heater replacement, trust the experts at M.E. Flow for reliable, efficient water heater installation services. Our highly trained, experienced plumbing technicians can help you choose the perfect system for your home and budget, and emergency service is available for those times when you need us the most.
Since our inception in 1951, our family-owned business has worked tirelessly to earn our reputation as Northern Virginia’s most preferred HVAC and plumbing specialists.
Contact us today to schedule water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, Winchester, or the surrounding areas in Northern Virginia.
How Do You Know if Your Water Heater is Going Out?
The best time to replace your water heater is before it causes damage to your home and property or leaves you standing in the cold. Watch for these warning signs that signal a replacement may be in your future:
If you discover water pooling at the base of the tank, it may be caused by a loose connection or fittings, but it may also be a sign of corrosion in the tank itself or fractures due to expansion and contraction as the tank heats up and cools down. Replace your water heater as soon as possible to avoid flooding or damage to structure or materials.
Once your water heater has passed the ten-year mark, it’s wise to put a plan in place for a replacement to avoid a disruption in service and unexpected expenses.
Rust colored water coming from only the hot water side of your taps is a sign that your tank may be corroding from the inside. Call the experts at M.E. Flow to determine the source of the rust and whether or not the tank needs to be replaced.
Banging, rumbling, or knocking sounds are indicative of a buildup of sediment in the bottom of the tank. In addition to a loss of efficiency, sediment can cause overheating which may weaken the tank and cause a leak or flooding.
As your water heater reaches the end of its lifespan, you may find yourself calling for repairs on a regular basis.
Types of Water Heaters We Install
We offer a wide selection of water heaters from some of the top manufacturers in the industry including Bradford White® and Navien®. Our plumbing professionals can help you choose the best type of water heater for your home based on a number of factors including lifestyle, preferences, and budget. Options include:
- Electric water heaters – This type of water heater has the lowest initial purchase price, and in the case of ENERGY STAR® rated models, they are highly efficient.
- Gas water heaters – A gas heater will likely have a higher purchase price than an electric model but will cost less to operate over the lifetime of the appliance.
- Tankless water heaters – This is the most efficient option although the initial cost is the highest. Benefits of this technology include:
- Reduction in heating costs
- Unlimited supply of hot water
- Small footprint
- Longer lifespan than a traditional water heater
To learn more about our water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, and Winchester, contact M.E. Flow today!
Tankless Water Heaters vs. Traditional Tank Water Heaters
Tankless Water Heater
This type of heater uses electricity or gas to heat up cold water on demand, with an unlimited supply of hot water. Benefits include:
- Cost savings – While the initial cost may be higher than a traditional hot water tank, you can save more over time through increased efficiency, as energy is only used as needed.
- Supply – Never run out of hot water, with a supply rate of two to three gallons per minute.
- Long lifespan – A tankless water heater can last 20 years or more when professionally installed and maintained.
Hot Water Tank
A traditional water heater stores and preheats water in a tank, which is refilled and reheated as needed. Benefits include:
- Easy installation – Straightforward installation with fewer complications than most tankless models.
- Lower initial cost – Water heater replacement costs may be lower although monthly energy costs may be higher.
Schedule Water Heater Installation or Replacement in Northern VA
You can rely on the professionals at M.E. Flow for water heater services including installation, repair, and replacement near you. We’ve been Northern Virginia’s trusted choice of plumbers for nearly 70 years!
Contact us today to schedule water heater installation or water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, Winchester, or the surrounding areas in Northern Virginia.