If you’re like most Northern Virginia homeowners, you tend to take your water heater for granted — until it stops working.
With an average life span between 10 and 15 years, the day will come when your water heater can no longer keep up with demand or stops working altogether. When you need a water heater replacement, trust the experts at M.E. Flow for reliable, efficient water heater installation services.
Since our inception in 1951, our family-owned business has worked tirelessly to earn our reputation as Northern Virginia’s most preferred HVAC and plumbing specialists.
Contact us today to schedule water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, Winchester, or the surrounding areas in Northern Virginia.
Our Water Heater Installation in Northern VA
We offer a wide selection of water heaters from some of the top manufacturers in the industry, including Bradford White® and Navien®. Our highly trained plumbers can help you choose the best type of water heater for your home based on a number of factors, including lifestyle, preferences, and budget.
Water heater options include:
- Electric water heaters – This type of water heater has the lowest initial purchase price, and in the case of ENERGY STAR® rated models, they are highly efficient.
- Gas water heaters – A gas heater will likely have a higher purchase price than an electric model but will cost less to operate over the lifetime of the appliance.
- Tankless water heaters – This is the most efficient option, although the initial cost is the highest. Benefits of this technology include:
- Reduction in heating costs
- Unlimited supply of hot water
- Small footprint
- Longer life span than a traditional water heater
Whether you need a tankless water heater, gas water heater, or electric water heater installed, our Leesburg plumbers have the expertise you require!
To learn more about our water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, and Winchester, contact M.E. Flow today!
Need more hot water?
Ask your plumber about adding the AutoBooster to your tank water heater. With a booster, you can get more hot water. A 50-gallon water heater can have the capacity of an 80-gallon water heater! It’s a new category in water heating!
Tankless Water Heaters vs. Traditional Tank Water Heaters
Tankless Water Heaters
This type of heater uses electricity or gas to heat up cold water on demand, with an unlimited supply of hot water. Benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Cost savings – While the initial cost may be higher than a traditional hot water tank, you can save more over time through increased efficiency, as energy is only used as needed.
- Supply – Never run out of hot water, with a supply rate of 2 to 3 gallons per minute.
- Long life span – A tankless water heater can last 20 years or more when professionally installed and maintained.
Traditional Water Heaters
A traditional water heater stores and preheats water in a tank, which is refilled and reheated as needed. Benefits include:
- Easy installation – Straightforward installation with fewer complications than most tankless models.
- Lower initial cost – Water heater replacement costs may be lower although monthly energy costs may be higher.
Not sure which type of water heater is right for your home in the Alexandria, VA, area? Contact our plumbing experts at M.E. Flow to discuss your options.
Water Heater Replacement Services in Northern VA
Water heater replacement can feel overwhelming. Our highly trained, experienced plumbers at M.E. Flow can help you choose the perfect water heater for your home and budget.
We also offer emergency services for those times when you need us the most.
Reach out today to talk to our plumbers about water heater replacement in Leesburg or the surrounding area. You can also call us at (703) 777-2311.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Water Heater
The best time to replace your water heater is before it causes damage to your home and property or leaves you standing in the cold.
Watch for these warning signs that signal a replacement may be in your future:
If you discover water pooling at the base of the water heater tank, it may be caused by a loose connection or fittings, but it may also be a sign of corrosion in the tank itself or fractures due to expansion and contraction as the tank heats up and cools down. Replace your water heater as soon as possible to avoid flooding or damage to structure or materials.
Once your water heater has passed the 10-year mark, it’s wise to put a plan in place for a replacement to avoid a disruption in service and unexpected expenses.
Rust-colored water coming from only the hot water side of your taps is a sign that your tank may be corroding from the inside. Contact the experts at M.E. Flow to determine the source of the rust and whether or not the tank needs to be replaced.
Banging, rumbling, or knocking sounds are indicative of a buildup of sediment in the bottom of the tank. In addition to a loss of efficiency, sediment can cause overheating, which may weaken the tank and cause a leak or flooding.
As your water heater reaches the end of its life span, you may find yourself calling for repairs on a regular basis.
Not sure if you need water heater replacement in Northern VA? Call us at (703) 777-2311 or contact us online to talk with one of our expert plumbers about your water heater.
Schedule Water Heater Installation or Replacement in Northern VA
You can rely on the professionals at M.E. Flow for water heater services, including installation, repair, and replacement, near you. We’ve been Northern Virginia’s trusted choice of plumbers for nearly 70 years!
Contact us today to schedule water heater installation or water heater replacement in Alexandria, Leesburg, Winchester, or the surrounding areas in Northern Virginia.